Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cooking, mistakes and life :)

So, today is officially my first day of the one week vacation I have from the university. 

Here in France is the Toussaints holiday. I don't know about other countries or how does it work. 

So, to start my vacations nicely and in a very french kinda way, I decided to make Macarons with some of my girlfriends from the university. 

We chose to make chocolate ones cause we didn't have the colours to make pink or green ones, but  I prefer chocolate flavored macarons anyways. 

We started getting everything ready to make the cream and then the wafers. We made the cream for the inside of the macarons and we put all of the paste for the wafer on the silicone sheet to put in the oven. 


The only problem was that apparently my friend's oven was not working very nicely, so mid cooking it broke down on us and we couldn't finish baking the wafers!!


They came out looking like mini chocolate pancakes or something like that. They cracked due to the lack of cooking :(

So, we couldn't finish baking the chocolate ones and we couldn't even start the coffee ones!!!

I was super excited for this cause it would be my first time making macarons. 

But well, we will try to finish them on the weekend, possibly. 

On the other hand, after the Toussaint, I'll have my mid term week, and I'm super nervous about it!!

For one test I will have to write a 350 word essay for a topic that we will know the day of the test. For another one we will listen to a reportage, or an audio and have to fill out a questionaire and the write an essay about it. I also have to study the French Revolution for my french history test. I have to study a little of recent life, religion and politics for my french civilization test, and a buch of other stuff for the other tests. 

I'm super nervous about them cause my biggest problem is the french conjugation of the verbs, the accenting and the spelling. So for the essay one I will not be allowed to use a dictionary or my conjugation book. 

But I will study my butt off on this week of vacations to get the best grades I can 

Xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment